BGC-of-MetroWest-Logo-trans-1024x593_edited.png

DID YOU KNOW?!

Today, the Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest is one of the largest Boys & Girls Club organizations in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, serving over 6,200 members at our three Clubhouses in Framingham, Hudson and Marlborough.

Our History

1944

Marlborough Boys Club Inc. opened in a rental hall in the old Hunter Block on Main Street.

1946

The Club was chartered as a member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and moved to a new location on Mechanic Street.

1954

The Club had collected $15,000 from various fundraisers and used the money as a down payment for a new building on Rawlins Avenue (known as the Pastime Theater Building).

1972

The Club was transformed into a year-round operation, adding programs, staff and a full-time Director.

1983

The Club’s Board of Directors voted to sell the Pastime Theater Building and purchase the vacant Mitchell School on Pleasant Street (where our Marlborough Clubhouse is still housed today).

1991

Marlborough Boys Clubs Inc. became the Marlborough Boys & Girls Clubs Inc.

1996

Marlborough Boys & Girls Clubs Inc. and Girls Inc. merged.

1999

The Hollis Street Clubhouse in Framingham opened, focused on serving middle school students, and the organization became the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Marlborough.

2000

The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Marlborough, Inc., Boys & Girls Clubs of Hudson, and the Hudson Youth Center merged to become the Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest.

2003

The Hudson Clubhouse underwent a two million dollar expansion.

2008

The Hollis Street Clubhouse relocates to 154 Pearl Street in Framingham, known as the Pearl Street Clubhouse.

2016

The Pearl Street Clubhouse relocates to 25 Clinton Street in Framingham, known as the Framingham Clubhouse.

2019

The Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest became the primary before and after school care provider for the Marlborough Public Schools.