Character & Leadership
The following programs help youth to become responsible caring citizens, to develop leadership skills, and to engage in decision making, planning, and contributing to their Club and community.
- Keystone Clubs: Keystone Clubs are small group leadership development clubs for kids ages 14-18 that are chartered at each individual Club location.
- Torch Club: A small-group leadership development program that is designed to help meet the special character development needs of youth ages 11-13 at a critical stage in their development.
- Youth of the Year: A premier youth recognition program for members that celebrates service to Club and community; academic performance; moral character; life goals; poise and public speaking ability.
Education & Career
Programs like the following help youth create aspirations for the future, providing opportunities for career exploration and educational enhancement.
- Project Learn: A comprehensive strategy that reinforces what youth learn in school by integrating high yield learning activities throughout the Club.
- Money Matters: Make It Count: Helps youth expand their knowledge of money management and learn the skills that lead to financial independence and well-being.
- Power Hour: A comprehensive homework help and tutoring program designed to raise the academic proficiency of Club members ages 6-12.
- CareerLaunch: A career exploration and mentoring program for teens 3-18, this program allows teens to explore careers, identify training or college requirements, and seek out financial aid.
- Club Tech: Provides programming, training, and resources to make youth effective users of technology. This includes recognizing members for their creative abilities through digital arts.
Health & Life Skills
These programs are run with staff and often in collaboration with local professionals.
- SMART Moves: The SMART Moves programs (Skills Mastery And Resistance Training) are prevention programs designed to build decision-making and critical-thinking skills, as well as learn how to avoid and/or resist risky behavior.
- SMART Girls: A health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program for girls ages 10-15.
- Passport to Manhood: This program promotes and teaches responsibility while reinforcing positive behavior in male Club members ages 11-14.
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Programs in this area develop fitness, positive use of leisure time, skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social skills.
- Triple Play: This is a comprehensive health and wellness initiative that focuses on improving the overall health of youth by increasing their daily physical activity, teaching them good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships.
- Youth Basketball Program: 700 youth, Kindergarten through grade 12, participate in the youth basketball program. The league focuses on skills development, game strategy, and having fun! It connects players, parents/coaches, and community.